Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Answer to Fast and Prayer

Our gratitude goes out to those of you who have fasted and prayed on our behalf. Sunday was an extremely spiritual day for us. We have felt the Spirit of God comfort us on our journey and lighten our worries. I testify to you that through fasting and prayer God has listened to and answered the concerns of our heart.

Today we received the news that we will be going to San Fransisco to be examined by the staff of doctors at University of California San Francisco.
http://fetus.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/myelomeningocele/ - see favorite web links.

It is still not determined if we will meet the criteria of the study, but the doctors in San Fran will have the final decision. We may be leaving as early as Saturday and stay as long as 3 months. Travel, stay and medical appointments have not yet been made.

Scott and I have not yet made the decision if we will go forward with the surgery. We plan on searching out the best answers to our questions, pondering on our decision, and praying to see if it is God's will.

Our gratitude goes out to our family that will graciously be taking care of Hanna during this time and their willingness and love to support us in our decision. Thank you to all of you that have helped in bearing our burdens. If it were not for the willing support from our family, the study wouldn't be a possibility.

All of our love, Scott, Hanna and Adrienne

3 comments:

Ang said...

It's great that you will have the chance to meet with those specialists and really learn about your options. You will all continue to be in our prayers as these important decisions are made. Lots of love to you all.

The Roberts Family said...

Adrienne,

Congratulations! I clicked on your link on your e-mail. We will continue to pray for you.

The Shill Spill said...

Good luck Scott and Adrienne! Our prayers and thoughts will be with you these next few months. May the Lord guide you in your journey!