Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hayden's Story at Seton


Hayden had a very special 2 hour photo shoot that included several of the doctors & nurse from both hospitals that helped us bring him into this world with extreme care.
This is currently being published for Seton Hospital's annual report. It warms my heart to know that others recognize how special he is. I don't think of him as my special needs son, just my special son.
Several people always ask me how is he doing? One of my friends said that she didn't realize just how serious the Spina Bifida diagnosis was. She said that he looks like he is doing so well and normal.
I guess for me, it is hard to express what a miracle is. A miracle is evident in the simple everyday things that Hayden is able to do. He breaths, eats, smiles and kicks his legs. To some those might not seem like miraculous things, but for a child with Spina Bifida and all that comes with the uncertainty of Arnold Chari II Brain malformation, the normal everyday things are miracles. Hayden has blessed me to praise God for the little miracle that he is and each day that his health appears to be normal. We just take one day at a time and thank God for it.

5 comments:

CJB said...

GORGEOUS pic of you and miracle baby! You make Holland look so easy. I'm so glad he is doing so well and that you got such a special boy.

Anne said...

great article...and you are gorgeous!

Topsy said...

Hey no prob.

Anything for Mrs. Gorgeous and Photogenic.

(And Mr. Little Loveable Miracle)!

Living Lavallee said...

Beautiful picture! He is a doll.

Becky said...

Ditto, well said girl! The little things in life are the most important. I am so glad these little boys can make us see that. I see new miracles everyday with Christopher, and I am so grateful that I can recognize them.