Saturday, December 11, 2010

20 mile Town Lake run, next my first marathon

Today I completed my longest of runs before my first marathon on 1/1/11.  3/4ths through my run on mile 15ish, I was brought back to my childhood.  There I was chasing the man on his bike hauling the ice cream cart for about a half mile.  It was like dangling a carrot in front of my nose.  I finally caught up to him on a hill and really wanted that bomb pop but forged ahead.

It was an emotional experience to know this was my last big run before the big race.  I am ready for this to come to an end and start spending Saturdays with my family again.  I miss them and I appreciate all the support from Scott that allowed me to take off and run away on Saturdays.

It was a tough journey for me not being a runner.  And honestly I can't imagine running the whole 26.2 miles.  At the same pace including bathroom and refueling breaks, I should complete the marathon between 4 hours and 50 minutes or 5 hours 15 minutes.  I would love to finish before 5 hours.

My ultimate goal is to gain the confidence that I need to complete my first marathon, so that next year I can run and raise money for the Spina Bifida Association.  If I achieve this goal, I'll soon be contacting and asking for your financial support.

So here I go...off to my first marathon.  My next entry I think I will be able to officially call myself a runner.


20 miles Town Lake by adriennetrigg at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

Case Clan said...

I think you can officially call yourself a runner, considering you made it through a 20 mile run!! You go Girl! :)

Mofsi said...

I am so very proud, you are an inspiration to us all in so many ways! May your life be happy and full of blessings!